Monday, December 21, 2009

Go home and blog about it

Actually I am home. Watching MTV Cribs for the first time in like 10 years. 50 cent has a stripper pole in his house. I don't know why I've been depriving myself of this stuff for the last decade.

It's hard to know when to take holidays or vacation time when your on vacation all the time (whaa.... annoying yet?). Anyway, I decided to Christmas-ify this evening. Ashley and I went shopping for Christmas card supplies and then went to the Sports Basement- which is a huge discount sports store. Sporting stores and sporting in general usually aren't my cup of tea, but this place totally inspires me to buy sporting equipment- which I hope will lead to athleticism (as long as you have the shoes for the occasion...). Plus they serve hot beverages and I generally find free drinks inspire me to buy stuff. Tonight I'm home writing x-mas cards and drinking hot chocolate. Seems like Christmastime.

This past weekend was my family Christmas party. I organized the most of the shindig and decided that we were going to eat tamales, because they are traditional (if you are Mexican- we are not) and because I had no interest in cooking for 150 of my closest family members. I also apparently delegated bartending duties to a three year-old.



Also last week, I went to New York and Boston on a whirlwind trip. I totally missed out on seeing a good 75% of the people I wanted to in those respective places, but I did manage to travel for over 10 hours per day on 4 of the 5 days of my trip. Manic travel makes me feel like myself again. Photos and stories to follow.

*The title of this blog post is in reference to a night a few winters ago. My friend Mike went to a dance party at the planetarium at the Museum of Natural History. Sarah and I intended on going to meet up with him, but got so involved in pregaming that we never quite made it. Apparently Kanye West came and surprised the party with a secret set. He ended the night by yelling into the audience "Go home and blog about it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment